Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Topps Fantasy Sleestak Sticker Land of the Lost

A fantasy sticker. Topps didn't do a Land of the Lost card set, but if they did... this is what one of the stickers would have looked like. I created this in Photoshop - the Sleestak head image came from an old Dynamite magazine cover.

Land of the Lost was one of my favorite shows from the mid-1970's. They had some quality Sci-Fi writers working on the show, and it really set it apart.

I'd say about half of the show's episodes were a bit silly, the other half really moved along a compelling continuity, and super-story, for the "Land of the Lost".

While I was at Marvel Comics I batted around the idea of getting the license from Krofft, and revisiting the characters and world, some 20 years later. I drew up a treatment, and even had the first issue pretty well figured out. Problem was, we never got it out-of-house. So Krofft never saw it.

From what I understand there's a Land of the Lost movie coming out, but it is likely going to be a Ben Stiller/Will Ferrel type of comedy remake, rather than any kind of revisiting of that fun sci-fi stuff. And I suspect they've made the proper decision, financially-speaking.

Still, I'll always have my secret knowledge of what became of Will and Holly Marshall... long after the Land of the Lost stopped producing episodes. ;-)

No comments: