Monday, March 30, 2009

Nestle's Choco' Lite wrapper - 1970's

Like my personal fave, the Marathon bar, the Choco' Lite is a candy bar fondly remembered by many, but due to its' being discontinued in the 80's, it can no longer be enjoyed.

I've heard that the Aero bar (available in Canada and the UK) is the same thing, however, after acquiring this wrapper, I suspect that may not be the case. This wrapper describes "crispy chips" in the chocolate. An Aero bar is filled with air bubbles (delicious, but not crispy, and not a Choco' Lite, it would seem).

This wrapper is likely to be a very early version. It lacks a bar code, which were common by the mid-70's, and it sports the 1960's and early 1970's Nestle's logo. Can any of my Nestle's Quik collectors tell me when this logo was retired?

Love the logo for this bar - it's a real 70's classic!

No comments: